Topics

What goes in the "Informal" style of Tutorial parts

Cameron Shorter

Jared,

I'm looking between our tutorial and howto guides, considering Clarence's suggestion that maybe they should be merged into one "task" template.

I'm also considering how we might align with schema.org terms. [0]

For the about-tutorial [1], you have suggested people can use an Informal instead of Structured style, which you've itemised as:

/* Narrative flow//
//* Conversational procedural structure, with a few ordered steps described in the body.//
//* No outcome statement./

I'm still unclear on what content, structure and depth should be adopted if using an Informal style.

Do you have some examples which you could reference? Or maybe expand on your description?

[0] https://schema.org/HowTo https://schema.org/HowToSection https://schema.org/HowToStep

[1] https://github.com/thegooddocsproject/templates/blob/master/tutorial/about-tutorial.md

--
Cameron Shorter