Topics

proposal: apply to Google's Season of Docs as an open-source organization

Erin McKean

Hi folks!

As you might expect, I think that applying to Google's Season of Docs
program would be a good idea. :)

I personally can't serve as a mentor through the program (and will recuse
myself from the decision on this org) but there's a lot of enthusiasm for
The Good Docs Project at Google overall. :)

I propose that we agree as an org to apply to the 2020 GSoD program -- what
do folks think? We would need two members of the org to serve as mentors
and we'd have to come up with some projects (from our roadmap?)

Thanks!

Erin
--
Erin McKean | Docs Advocacy Program Manager, Open Source Programs Office |
emckean@... | she/her

Cameron Shorter

I'm interested in participating as a mentor, although I will not commit fully until I've been working at Google for a bit and get an understanding of my workload and alignment with my work. (I start at Google next week, which Erin tells me is not considered a conflict of interest.)

On 2/4/20 4:26 am, Erin McKean via groups.io wrote:
Hi folks!

As you might expect, I think that applying to Google's Season of Docs
program would be a good idea. :)

I personally can't serve as a mentor through the program (and will recuse
myself from the decision on this org) but there's a lot of enthusiasm for
The Good Docs Project at Google overall. :)

I propose that we agree as an org to apply to the 2020 GSoD program -- what
do folks think? We would need two members of the org to serve as mentors
and we'd have to come up with some projects (from our roadmap?)

Thanks!

Erin
--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Deaf Dave

Thanks Erin! Sorry I had to pull out this morning as I had to tend to my
work team video calls. I work from home at the moment and I look after my
team of 7 people. We video conference daily via Zoom in Auslan.

Apply to the 2020 GSoD program. This is a wonderful idea.

Regards
David.

On Thu, 2 Apr 2020 at 04:27, Erin McKean via groups.io <emckean=
google.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi folks!

As you might expect, I think that applying to Google's Season of Docs
program would be a good idea. :)

I personally can't serve as a mentor through the program (and will recuse
myself from the decision on this org) but there's a lot of enthusiasm for
The Good Docs Project at Google overall. :)

I propose that we agree as an org to apply to the 2020 GSoD program -- what
do folks think? We would need two members of the org to serve as mentors
and we'd have to come up with some projects (from our roadmap?)

Thanks!

Erin
--
Erin McKean | Docs Advocacy Program Manager, Open Source Programs Office |
emckean@... | she/her

--
David Parker
e: deafdave@... | m: 0408 669 672 (TEXT only).

Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now
accepted was once eccentric.

Bertrand Russell
British author, mathematician & philosopher (1872 - 1970)